Plant the Future
- Environmental Awareness Youth Exchange -
Our mission is to aid in the transformation from large scale, mono-agriculture to small and local holdings that spread throughout cities, and to reduce net carbon emissions as a result. To support the development of ecologically integrated cities, with active and aware citizens who contribute to personal and ecological health with the consumption of locally tended to healthy food, increase in connection to earth and wellbeing. To foster an understanding of restorative urban agriculture and the associated benefits for mental health, society/communities and the local and global environment. We aim to achieve these with a combination of nature-based practices, along with mindfulness, optimal psychology and reconnection tools.
- helping youth rediscover connection with nature, joy and grounding through reconnection along with aiding awareness of self-regulation, inspiration and calm,
- fostering a sense of community that may be lacking opportunities to contribute to larger projects of meaning,
- linking the importance of connection with environment and fostering of communities,
- providing a space in which people can share their concerns about topics, join constructive and practical solutions,
- bringing practical and applicable tools for implementation after the project, process-based actions intended for long term change,
- supporting the progression of key developmental needs for young people (e.g. sense of community, meaningful connection, self-confidence & authenticity).
The programme has been designed based on the research, needs and issues expressed by young people, considering their time constraints, learning needs and other challenges. It is flexible to adapt to the learning needs and styles of the participants over a range of the entire project. This project will contain three main stages: initial preparation - wherein participants will take part in multiple activities and exercises, exchange mobility - wherein participants will join a 6 day-long activity in Vienna together with the chosen participants from partner organisations, and follow up - wherein participants will implement follow up projects.
Who can participate?
- You live in Austria, Greece, Romania or Portugal (citizens, non-citizens, and residents);
- You are between 18-30 years old;
- You can commit to participating in the entirety of the programme;
- You can communicate in English (At least B1 level);
- You wish to learn more about sustainability and develop associated skills;
- You wish to learn more non-formal skills, methods and workshop techniques;
- You enjoy working and cooperating with others;
- You would like to build closer connections with an international community;
- No previous experience in Erasmus+ or sustainable development is needed.
How much does it cost?
- The accommodation, training, materials, meals, and transport on the project are all covered and will be free to the participants.
- Participants are required to book their own transport to and from Vienna and we will refund the costs to you after your successful participation,
- Financial aid will be available if needed,
- It is financed by the European Commission as part of the Erasmus+ subsector.
- You must have the time to attend the entire activity between May 16th and 21st.
- You should involve yourself in all preparation and follow up activities to the best of your abilities.
- You should apply before 30 April 2022.
- You should sign the participation agreement once selected, within a period of three days.
- You should purchase your travel tickets within a period of five days after signing the participation agreement.
Dates and times?
From December 2021- May 2022 (in various stages)
May 15th-22nd (including travel days, in Vienna)
May 2022-August 2022 (several follow up calls and activities)
- Applicants will be reviewed and accepted based on their motivation.
- More details will be confirmed after selection via email.
- We will select participants based on the timeliness of applications.
- An info package containing further details of locations, agenda, preparation details, so on, will be emailed after selection.
All participants will receive a YouthPass certificate for their participation and contributions.