This is an open call for applications for 3 participants (residents and citizens) from Austria, Croatia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Romania, Spain, and Türkiye between 20 and 30 years old for a fully-funded Training Course in Vienna, Austria from 11.08 (arrival day) to 18.08 2023 (departure day).
A Training Course is a project where youth workers and youth leaders come together for several days to develop their competences (knowledge, skills, and attitudes) on a certain theme. The daily programme of the course is based on learning objectives and facilitated by experienced trainers. The training courses promote the initiative and creativity of participants and have a direct impact on their future youth work or youth policy activities, such as organising quality projects and providing intercultural and non-formal learning experiences for young people.
This call is particularly for the Training Course "Community Conflict Transformation Through Youth Work" that will be implemented in Vienna, Austria from 11.08 (arrival day) to 18.08 2023 (departure day). This training brings together 30 youths from Austria, Croatia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Romania, Spain, and Türkiye. The main aim is to respond to the problem of social conflicts on community level through youth work by employing conflict transformation and peacebuilding tools.
1. explore current social conflicts affecting youth from different perspectives;
2. enforce conflict transformation processes as an empowering tool for youth civic participation;
3. foster youth social engagement as a tool and an opportunity for social community transformation;
4. provide innovative and structured ways to positively intervene socially and motivate youngsters to engage locally;
5. enhance youth workers’ understanding of non-violent methods for civic participation and social transformation;
6. support the youth workers in acquiring skills to improve their civic involvement as agents of change in their societies;
7. compile a concise training guide that can be further used on the local level;
8. reinforce synergies between formal education, non-formal training, societal involvement, and social change.
If you are between 20 and 30 years old and live in one of the participating countries (Austria, Croatia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Romania, Spain, and Türkiye) and would like to participate in this training, please fill in the application form before 15 of June 2023 (extended)!
Once accepted, you will be contacted by the national organisation and EMOTIC to facilitate your preparations and participation;
First you will need to sign the participation agreement, and then you should buy your travel ticket in consultation with EMOTiC;
When it is time for the activity, you will travel together with the rest of the group from your country to Vienna;
The food and accommodation are fully covered. You will be staying in a shared room in a hotel. And the food will include all options.
After your return, you will be refunded the cost of the travel tickets after submitting all documents and completing all tasks.
This project is hosted by European Multidisciplinary Organization for Training and international Consulting (EMOTiC).
Role of EMOTiC in this project: Coordinator and Host.
The project is funded by the ERASMUS+ Programme of the European Commission.