This is an open call for applications for 3 participants (residents and citizens) from Austria between 18 and 30 years old for a fully-funded Training Course in Markutiskes (near Vilnius), Lithuania from 04.011 (arrival day) to 11.11. 2023 (departure day).
A Training Course is a project where youth workers and youth leaders come together for several days to develop their competences (knowledge, skills, and attitudes) on a certain theme. The daily programme of the course is based on learning objectives and facilitated by experienced trainers. The training courses promote the initiative and creativity of participants and have a direct impact on their future youth work or youth policy activities, such as organising quality projects and providing intercultural and non-formal learning experiences for young people.
This call is particularly for the Training Course "TransformAction: Countering Social Conflicts in Youth Work" that will be implemented in in Markutiskes (near Vilnius), Lithuania from 04.011 (arrival day) to 11.11. 2023 (departure day). This training brings together 30 youths from Austria, Poland, Croatia, Hungary, Romania, Estonia, Czech Republic, Latvia and Lithuania. The main aim is to respond to the problem of social conflicts on community level through youth work by employing conflict transformation and peacebuilding tools.
1. explore current social conflicts affecting youth from different perspectives;
2. enforce conflict transformation processes as an empowering tool for youth civic participation;
3. foster youth social engagement as a tool and an opportunity for social community transformation;
4. provide innovative and structured ways to positively intervene socially and motivate youngsters to engage locally;
5. enhance youth workers’ understanding of non-violent methods for civic participation and social transformation;
6. support the youth workers in acquiring skills to improve their civic involvement as agents of change in their societies;
7. compile a concise training guide that can be further used on the local level;
8. reinforce synergies between formal education, non-formal training, societal involvement, and social change.
Internal Deadline: 11. October 2023
If you are between 18 and 30 years old and live in Austria and would like to participate in this training, please send an email with a brief introduction about youself and your motivation (around 150-300 words) for participation in this training to email@example.com AS SOON AS POSSIBLE;
Once accepted, you should fill in the application form and sign the participation agreement;
Then you should buy your travel ticket in consultation with EMOTiC;
When it is time for the activity, you will travel together with the rest of the group from Austria;
The food and accommodation are fully covered. You will be staying in a shared room in a hotel. And the food will include all options.
After your return, you will be refunded the cost of the travel ticket.
This project is hosted by TAVO EUROPA.
Role of EMOTiC in this project: Partner and Co-beneficiary.
The project is funded by the ERASMUS+ Programme of the European Commission.